So Friday's midterm came and went and afterwards my friends and I headed out for a day trip to the beautiful Busan. Unfortunately, it is a city that is difficult to navigate if you don't know where to look, so we ended up happily doing a bit of shopping and devouring some delicious Korean Pizza (quite different, but tasty). The city is wonderful, however little of it we were able to see. We left the bright lights of Busan, however, to navigate our way back to Daegu using the KTX. Having a diverse group, two of whom know only limited English, we made the most of our ride playing easy card games to pass the time. (Who knew that not everyone in the world knew Go Fish?)
Anyways, I spent Saturday combing through Daegu City, looking for useful things for my dorm (of which I found many.) I was able to meet quite a few native English speakers on my trip and it was very nice to be able to chat for a while without using excessive hand gestures and simple words. It gets taken for granted back home, that everyone will understand you.. Here it feels like a miracle. When you pass by an obvious foreigner, no matter where you're going, you end up stopping to say hello and talk to them for a bit. It's nice and in a way makes me feel like we're all in this foreign experience together. No matter what you're doing here, everyone is grateful to run into another foreigner.
Sunday was spent at the beautiful temple in Gyeongju. If you haven't guessed it, I have a bit of a thing for Buddhist Temples and am completely fascinated by them. Anyways, I figure that pictures are worth a thousand words, so I'll let them do the rest of the talking.
 |
| Doing a bit of street shopping in Busan |
 |
| Korean Pizza and drinks in glass bottles! |
 |
| Getting ready for some "Go Fish" action, I believe |
 |
| Beautiful Gyeongju |
 |
| Silk Worm Larva, yes, I tried it. No it is not tasty. |
 |
| I love the pagodas here. |
 |
| Cherry blossoms! What a wonderful day for a picnic. |
 |
| Reason # 457 to not take the bus |
Wonderful adventures! Fine way to celebrate after a midterm.
ReplyDeleteApparently you did well enough on that to call the attention of the university to your little self.
Yeah it was a lot of fun and I was able to purchase a "My Name is Ass" party hat. I'm not sure what they were going for with that one, but I'm not going to make judgements.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! I enjoyed the photo journey.
ReplyDeleteI was braver at your age, but at this point in life I'd never have tried the larva. ugh.
Awesome pics, Sis! Looks like a good time was had by all! Miss you bunches! :)
ReplyDelete