The things we pay for..
Paying back loans is a humbling experience, especially when you are doing it as a student. No matter how much you can scrape together to pay back, they just keep stacking up.. Today I looked online to find that my state grants have been cut in half for the next school year. I may be ten grand in debt.. but it sure feels like a million dollars from where I'm sitting. It's hard to keep the faith that all of this money is going to lead to good, bright things in my future. Here's to hoping, anyways, I suppose.
 |
|
Putting that aside, finals are this week. I am nearing my first completed semester abroad and am in a race to the finish. I was getting ready early this morning after an almost all night study- fest and I stopped in front of the mirror. My hair was still damp from the shower, my shirt was wrinkled, and my eyes looked completely bloodshot and haggard. It made me think..if eyes really are windows to the soul then my soul is looking pretty worn down these days. Hopefully it perks up some after the tests are done, I'd hate to think college does permanent damage to that sort of thing. Oh well.. Nothing a good cup of coffee and more studying can't fix, or so I keep telling myself.
Yep.. That looks about right.
You'll make it, Sis! Also, try to remember that although it may seem hard to imagine right now, all that debt WILL eventually pay off!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the exams - or should I say HOPE they went well! Not sure why but only just got all your updates in one hit on my reader!!!!
ReplyDelete:-)
BB