Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cooking Class

My mother, I am not.. Certainly.  This blogging thing doesn't come very naturally.  But, while I putz around before posting the next installment to my trip.  (you know.. the part where I actually get out of Busan and see the rest of Korea).. I thought I'd post up a quick update on my progress.  I finished my Korean Culture class on Monday, which relieves quite a bit of stress.  And on Tuesday I participated in my last Korean Cooking class. Now, this is actually a shame because I really enjoyed that class.  And for the season finale we made some stuff to which I cannot actually pronounce the name.. Or remember it for that matter.  But it was, delicious.  We threw some zucchini and mushroom type things (the korean versions) in some egg and flour and fried them up.  We also made some kabab type things, three them in the egg batter and fried those up as well.  And for the great finale.. We cooked an egg pancake with spring onion in it.  Everything was fantastic and, of course, dipped into soy sauce. 







A small anecdote.  The students in my class love that I have muscular arms.  Now, I'm not sure where I get these muscles from, I presume lifting the coffee cup to my mouth every morning, but I have some pretty well built arms.  The girls in the class absolutely love that I have arm muscles and have beaten a few of the other boys in arm wrestling competitions in class.  That said.. During class, we were chopping the kibab sticks in half with the scissors (as per the recipe, which seemed rather odd to me), and I managed to break the handle off my pair of scissors.  As you can imagine, the story of my 'great strength' has now officially reached new levels of ridiculous.  I believe that when I am remembered by the teachers in Korea in the months to come.. it will be as the girl with the strength of 10 ox. 

Oh well.  Lack of feminity aside, it's certainly not the worst thing I could be known for.

They could choose to remember me as that girl who barely learned enough Korean to scrape by.

Oh yeah... Mom.. Here's your photo.  Short hair, looking a wreck after being stuck in the air conditioning-less cooking class room.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sis, your hair looks good... don't fret! :)

    Your food from cooking class looked pretty darn good too... on that note, I'm gonna go eat some lunch before work! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete