Monday, June 27, 2011

What's life without a couple of twists and turns.

Rather than moping my way through a day in Korea, I took my afternoon job and let myself think things over for a while.  I thought about how badly I wanted to pass this class and all things I should have done differently.  And oddly when I had finished beating myself up I was standing in front of my dormitory again, dripping in sweat and hardly breathing.  And I just let it go.  What does worrying accomplish anyways?  I'm 21 and studying abroad.  The experience is well worth all of the hassle and regardless of what the outcome turns out to be.  The best I can do, is the best I can do..  What's the point in beating myself up over it.  So I cleaned up and took myself out, bought an over priced salad and sipped on one of Korea's delicacies, the Sweet Potato Latte and studied away the time in my favorite cafe.  And this weekend, I set the date with a group of girls to go out and hit a club or two on a no boys allowed adventure.  We're gonna shop, we're going to dance, and we're going to spend a day not worrying about a class that holds it's students to impossibly difficult and somewhere in there we might find a few glasses of wine in our midst.  This trip has been the trip of a lifetime.  I've discovered more about myself in these past few months than I've ever cared to known.  I've worked harder than I've never needed to work in previous classes.  Come what may, I'm in Korea.  And I'm not going to waste a single second resenting what's been the best adventure of my lifetime.


This little girl really impressed me with her America's Got Talent Audition.  This is an original piece that she wrote.. Very talented, and hey it seems to fit.



potatolatte1.jpg
The sweet potato latte.  It has a real sweet potato in there.  And almonds.  All wrapped up in a steamed milk bath.  It tastes phenominal.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you and your positive attitude!

    (and that latte looks quite interesting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I left a comment?!!!!!!! I am very proud of your good attitude. And did your girl's night include your dear friend Judas? I am worried about the room thing. Cannot wait until you are home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the cleaning ladies, for sure. They keyed into all of the empty rooms yesterday. They should have just opened my door, realized that it was chock full of stuff and moved on. Instead they came in and were nosing around. I had a good chat with the building manager about it yesterday, because I have to keep my passport and all other legal documents in my room. He assured me that he would make sure it didn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete