Sunday, March 13, 2011
And then he stabbed himself..
Have you ever been so appalled by something you didn't know how to even respond? I'm pretty sure everyone has. Today, was one of those days for me. I feel like I should preface the story by explaining the nature of Mr. Canada. This man is always quick with a story to tell me about how much the United States sucks. He's also the very first one to comment on a girls "assets" and becomes very surprised when she isn't woo-ed by his charms. I'm one of those. The man is 40 and acting as if I should fall at his feet. Thanks, but no thanks. He is, how shall we say, uncouth? Anyways, that's the back drop.. During my first "break-time" of the day, my classmates and I were sitting around chitt-chatting amiably with each other. Muhammad was explaining about how he prays and Mr. Canada stated nonchalantly that he wasn't "allowed to pray". This is where I made a grave mistake. I had previously assessed that Mr. Canada was a sarcastic pervert. I opened my mouth and made a joke about "what, satan worshippers don't pray?" Okay, this was probably too far to begin with and I should have rightly apologized, I sometimes forget that not every sarcastic person can also accept sarcasm in return. However, what happened next came in such a blurr that I couldn't do more than watch with complete horror. He started shouting with senseless profanity at me, dropping the "f-bomb" more than I have ever heard anyone do in their life (and I like to think I am a talented user of the word). He then motioned to the Ralph Lauren's version of the American flag on his shirt and then took his pencil and repeatedly started to stab himself. After about a good 10 stabs, he sharpened his pencil and began stabbing again. This pattern continued for another sharpening and many glares. The man had stabbed himself over 30 times by the time he stopped.. He then took the time to yell at me that he was not allowed to pray because his god is always talking to him and prayer interupts the conversation. Mr. Canadian Sarcastic Pervert was also apparently crazy. And did I mention, 40?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stay away from "Old Canada". And don't make jokes. The pervert thing is the least of your problems. He's insane. Totally. Give him wide berth.
ReplyDeleteBecause I'm your mother and I said so. And don't ever be away from your group of kids.
And you never want to talk about Satan to crazy people. Esp. if he's schizophrenic.
I didn't know he was crazy, I just thought he was a sarcastic pervert. This was the first time he outted himself with that sort of behavior.
ReplyDeleteThe whole 'God talks to him' thing? That's the classic hallmark of a schizophrenic. Really, Cara, potentially an extremely dangerous situation. I'd feel better if you carried mace. Always travel in groups. Don't be alone. And don't antagonize this man. EVER.
ReplyDeleteHe didn't tell me that god was talking to him until afterwards, otherwise I would have steered clear to begin with. It's okay, really. It was just a minor stabbing incident, no big deal.
ReplyDeletethis man sounds crazy, listen to your Mother stay away from him. He should not be around people, he could snap at any time.
ReplyDeleteWhat your Mum said, hallmarks of schizophrenia are auditory hallucinations with the added delusion of inflated self-importance that God is speaking directly to him.
ReplyDeleteWIDE berth...like a few kilometres.
He's obviously off whatever meds he should be on, notify whatever relevant authority at your uni so that if he flips again they at least have a previous record of his behaviour (and can rule out it being a 'once off' or triggered by someone else looking sideways at him)and can get him the needed treatment.
And, most importantly, (((hugs)) what a horrible thing to happen to you.
People who go off like that and do the things you described are but a cat's whisker away from a melt down. Report the behavior to the authorities and as you Mom and others have warned, keep AWAY from this man. Safety is better than sorry.
ReplyDeleteYou've been given some excellent advice by everyone, especially your mother, so I won't add a thing (except my sister-in-law is a psychiatrist and would concur with all of it. She also had a patient who stabbed himself in the eye on purpose, with a pencil, but I digress. Also, despite this being the second time I've read about a Canuck stabbing himself with a pencil, I don't think this is common amongst Canadians.) But let me add, on behalf of Canadians everywhere, that I'm sorry this guy represents our country. Most of us are pretty nice, except when it comes to playing hockey.
ReplyDeleteNo. I can vouch for it. Most Canadians are very nice people. I think that it may be genetic.
ReplyDeleteJust to be safe, I think I'll avoid socializing with the pencil or hockey stick wielding variety of Canadians. Both seem lethal.
ReplyDelete