Friday, March 4, 2011

The Week in a Nutshell

Well, its been quite a confusing process attempting to keep everyone in the loop of my Korean adventures in Daegu and I thought a blog might be a sufficient solution to the chaos.  I landed in Korea on Monday at approximately 8PM and could do no more than faceplant into my bed and sleep off the more than 18 hour journey.  It was an exciting trip until I became quite air sick somewhere in the middle of my 14 hour trans-pacific flight at which point it seemed almost torturous.  Tuesday was dedicated to unpacking and setting up for my new life in a new world.  I quickly realized that regardless of what I was told prior to departure, not everyone knows English over here. That in itself has lead to many shopping trips turned adventures and quite a bit of confusion on both ends of the exchange.  The important part is that I now have cupboards filled with enough food and drink mix to survive the week and can refocus my energies on greater things like exploring.  The rest of the week has been spent exploring the HUGE campus and signing the necessary papers to legitimize my status as a student of the prestigious Daegu University. (Hurrah, go Tigers and all of that jazz) I will attempt to update as often as possible and provide many, many pictures of the beautiful city and the surrounding areas.  <3 Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment