Impressions? It's beautiful, with an amazing view. I'm really pleased with the wood floors and it is much nicer and more spacious than my cinder block dormitory back in Clarion (Not that I don't love that too). I was very excited not to have a community bathroom, but my bathroom did have a few oddities. The shower, if you noticed, is right above the toilet and has buttons that must be pressed every 15 seconds to keep the water running. It's been an experience adapting to the permanently soaked bathroom. I was able to find adapters for the outlets, but they still hate certain appliances, namely my hairdryer. I've been fighting continuously with them but don't often win. Go figure. Otherwise, I love it, it's a very nice "home away from home."
Do you have a kitchen area or eat in the dorm dining area? This looks like a nice room and everything you might need is there.
ReplyDeleteThat's actually quite roomier than I expected. The shower would take some getting use to, but at least it's in your room!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab room!
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky to have your own bathroom, too!
Looks like you're settling in really well :)
There's a kitchen downstairs but I haven't been able to find many familiar foods from back home. The dining hall is fairly cheap and delicious when I can manage to order what I actually want. I'm settling in pretty well, I think I'm finally getting over the initial shock of being in a country that I can't understand and mostly doesn't understand me. It was a shaky bit for a while.
ReplyDelete