Monday, March 28, 2011
Here's your wad of pills..
So I finally decided to give the Daegu University Health Center a try today, after a week of a gooey cough and wheezy breathing. I always try to hold out as long as possible, functioning under the assumption that most things go away if you just ignore it.. But, it becomes increasingly harder to ignore when everyone is looking at you with a look of digust mixed with fear. Anyways, so I walked into the health center, wheezing a bit and coughing up my lungs and was immediately given the go ahead to go and see the doctor. (Here there aren't exam rooms, there is just one office that the doctor stays in and one room where all of the patients wait to see him.) Anyways, to make a long story short, the doctor spoke only broken English which made the process a bit difficult. I coughed a lot, gestured alot, asked for an inhaler as slowly and clearly as I could. And it all seemed to be going over well. He nodded solemnly and sent me back out to the secretary (who coincidently is also the pill distributer), who walked back into the closet and began throwing pills in a machine. A lot of pills. And the machine whirred along until it finally spit out 6 packets with 5 pills in each. I was mildly surprised that I was being administered so many pills and no inhaler for a respiratory problem, but it was more the prescription that slayed me. The instructions inform me that I should take 5 pills, 3 times a day, for two days. Incase your math skills are a bit subpar, that's 30 pills in two days. I've seen addicts take less in a day.. Eek. Needless to say, I am already in the process of searching facts out for each and every pill to figure out if there was an improper amount in there somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Geez. Have you taken any of these? And next time you go to the doctor, maybe you should take one of Seokuk's sisters along.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I took the first round. I'm not really sure what they are doing, I guess not really much of anything. I guess I'm just going to keep working on sleeping it off.
ReplyDelete