Friday, March 11, 2011

Three Cheers for Korean Hospitality!

Well, classes are over for the week and I'm happy to say that I survived.  A few of us celebrated happily at a little westernized watering hole down the road.  I can't say enough for how hard Koreans try to feed foreigners here.  At no charge we were given plate after plate of Korea's best snacks, which of course I found myself happily eating my way through.  There were squid strips to dip in mayonnaise, barbequed pork pieces, seared corn (my favorite), and once they realized there were Americans, they even obliged us with home made french fries.  These are simply not services that you find back home, unless of course you're at my mom's kitchen table (the woman really knows how to feed a person).  I just love the foods, the flavors, and the genuineness of the people here.  Oh yes, and it turns out the Soju was quite nice too.

4 comments:

  1. I love kiwi and that drink looks quite refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely way to settle into a new country and find your feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fantastic, very fruity and fun with a low proof of alcohol. It's a shame that they don't really do the blender drinks, because it would have made for a wonderful daiquiri type drink. I can't say that I was a big fan of the squid and mayo that went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE korean food!! Squid however - ew.

    ReplyDelete